Koa wood tungsten wedding band handcrafted in Brentwood, TN.
The inner sleeve of the ring is made of Koa Wood. The outer shell of the ring is made by tungsten carbide. The finish of the tungsten is lightly brushed. There are different profiles to choose from such as flat, dome, dome/beveled edges, sandblasted, sandblasted with groove.
The wood inner sleeve is also available in deer antler and many exotic wood versions such as Iron wood, ancient Bog wood, Bocote wood, Koa wood, and there are more wood types coming soon.
Please look at my other listing in the shop for other wood type.
HOW THE RINGS ARE MADE:
- Wood blocks and Deer Antlers are hand selected and then cut into thin slices. The slice is then centered drill near ring size and then turned on a wood lathe to 3mm thick. After that a long process of hand sanding and polishing using abrasive and cloth wheels to get the perfect size for the ring.
- The wood/antler is then treated with water shield coating before being attached to the metal shell using a special formula water proof super glue.
- 6mm width available in sizes 5 to 10 including half sizes.
- 8mm width available in sizes 8 to 15 including half sizes.
- Ring thickness is approx. 2.3mm.
- Beveled edges, domed satin brushed finish.
- Silver (natural) tungsten color.
There won't be any two rings exactly the same as each other. Each ring is unique because the wood and antler are naturally collected. We can't control or guarantee the pattern or colors of the wood and deer antler parts of the ring. Some parts of the antler might have darker color and spots than the other part. The wood grain patterns are also differ from one to another.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE RING:
- Tungsten carbide is very hard and highly scratch proof. However, harder substances such as diamond, sapphire can still scratch it.
- Tungsten carbide ring can shatter if hit with hard objects from a certain angle or dropped on concrete floor, etc.
- We use a professional grade ring mandrel and digital caliber to measure the ring before ship out.
- Please get your finger sized by 2-3 different jewelers for COMFORT FIT rings before ordering.
Warning: String, zip tie, internet print out methods are not accurate!!!
SIZE EXCHANGE POLICIES:
- We understand jewelers can sometimes make mistake and size you incorrectly.
- We offer size exchange within 30 days for a flat fee of $20 plus shipping.
- We do not accept return because these items are made to order.